Retrace-AV is a combined anti-pathogenic additive and traceable verification system for addition to water-borne paint or varnish and is recommended for interior use. The biocide present in Retrace-AV actively destroys gram-positive bacteria, gram-negative bacteria, enveloped viruses, non-enveloped viruses and fungi through a myriad of mechanisms not limited to: damage to the structure of the organism; functional change of proteins; inhibition of replication and organism DNA/RNA damage, all preventing further infection.
The anti-pathogenic effectiveness will remain active during the service life of the product (tested and accredited for 10 years) subject to adhering to recommended addition rates, the correct mixing, dispersion, handling and storage.
To maintain high levels of efficacy, the surface of the coating must remain clean and undamaged.
The presence of Retrace-AV in a coating can be verified in situ. The efficacy should be verified annually by a registered service provider: contact firstname.lastname@example.org for details.
Independently tested by ISO17025 accredited commercial, university and medical laboratories to the leading international standards, including:
- ISO 21702 – 2019 ‘Measurement of antiviral activity on plastics and other non-porous surfaces.’
- ISO 22196 – 2018 ‘Measurement of antibacterial activity on plastics and other non-porous surfaces.’
- ISO 11607 ‘Accelerated Aging of Sterile Barrier Systems for Medical Devices.’
- Antimicrobial protection for the service life of the product – tested and accredited for 10 years.
- Retrace is a safety performance authentication system, which enables this product to be scanned in situ after application and independently verified for provable protection.
- Hospitals, medical and veterinary facilities
- Care homes
- Airports, seaports, transport and travel hubs
- Schools, universities and nurseries
- Stadiums, sport arenas and conference centres
- Religious buildings
- Food preparation areas
- Animal housing
- High-touch surfaces (domestic and public)
- SHAKE bottle well before use. When adding to paint STIR THOROUGHLY with a powered paint mixer or shaker for 5 minutes BEFORE use AND stir regularly DURING use.
- Mixing should ensure complete dispersion.
- Retrace-AV is a contact anti-pathogen and is therefore only effective in the top/final coat.
- The coating should be fully dry (see paint instructions for use) before allowing contact by humans or animals.
- The biocidal effect begins when the product is fully dry and remains active provided the surface is kept free from contaminants and the coating is maintained.
- Annual verification service available.
- Retrace-AV is a biocide additive designed for easy dispersion.
- All equipment should be cleaned with a mild detergent/water solution immediately after use.
- Product Health and Safety Data Sheet must be read before use.
- Store in secure, dry warehouse conditions between +8°C and +23°C and protect from frost.
- Shelf life 12 months when stored as recommended in original unopened container.
HEALTH, SAFETY AND ENVIRONMENT
- KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.
- IF INHALED: If breathing is difficult, remove to fresh air and keep at rest in a position comfortable for breathing.
- IF ON SKIN: Wash with plenty of water. If skin irritation occurs: Get medical advice/attention.
- IF IN EYES: Rinse cautiously with water for several minutes. Remove contact lenses, if present and easy to do. Continue rinsing. If irritation develops and persists, get medical attention.
- IF SWALLOWED: Rinse mouth. Give plenty of water to drink. Do NOT induce vomiting. Seek medical treatment.
- Read and follow the Safety Data Sheet (SDS) before use.
- Very toxic to aquatic life.
- Very toxic to aquatic life with long lasting effects.
- Wear protective gloves and eye protection.
- Avoid release to the environment.
- Collect spillage.
- Dispose of contents in accordance with local, state or national legislation.
- All packaging, including box, bottle and cap, is fully recyclable
- Pack Size: 25ml
- Solvent: Water
- Contains: silver 5g/100ml
This product has been manufactured under ISO 9001.
Every effort has been taken to ensure the information provided is accurate, but no guarantees can be provided.
We are unable to guarantee performance as we have no control over the surface preparation, coating suitability or conditions under which it is applied.